Career Developent Workshop: Putting Your Science to Work
Organized by Caltech & USC Postdoc Associations
|Download the "Science Skills" workshop handout and the "Interview Techniques" seminar notes|
Dr. Peter Fiske is a nationally-recognized author and lecturer on the subject of leadership and career development for young scientists and engineers.
In a 2 hour workshop session at Caltech he will discuss the subjects of career planning and job hunting as a young scientist, focusing on:
- building networks
- writing strong CVs and cover letters
- how to maximise the use of transferable skills to be of most value to potential employers.
In a separate seminar at USC he will focus on how to excel at interviews.
Both of these subjects will be of great value to anyone currently considering the next stage of their career!
Click here for more information about Dr. Peter Fiske and the workshop.
The event will be held on Friday March 5th and the format is as follows:
- 10am-12pm Interactive workshop on Science Skills – Beckman Institute Auditorium (bldg 74 in campus map), Caltech
- 12-1pm Free buffet lunch: opportunity for post-workshop discussion & networking - Beckman Institute Courtyard, Caltech
- 2-3pm Seminar on Interview Techniques followed by refreshments – Aresty Auditorium, USC
Carpools will be arranged for those wishing to travel to USC for the second part of this event.
All postdocs and graduate students at Caltech and JPL are invited to attend. To help us with the planning, RSVP to Katherine Fishwick (CPA Career Chair).