The Caltech Postdoctoral Association (CPA) is seeking 5-10 postdocs or spouses with an enthusiasm for reporting and blogging to join our communication committee as active members.
The communication initiative:
CPA is an active entity at both Caltech and JPL. Each year, CPA organizes over a hundred events, which are currently under-marketed and under-represented on the internet. In the spirit of boosting our online presence and social media interactions with our general body, we plan to launch a blog on our website and establish an effective media platform, both to broadcast our events with pictures and news highlights and to generate a broad range of blog content, which will be a playground for your creative interests.
Position title: CPA reporter/member of CPA communication committee
- Cover CPA events and create blog posts.
- Help maintain and improve our website as well as social media content.
- Support various CPA committees in publicizing CPA events.
- Join a collaborative team with a shared purpose to promote our voice and presence and make positive impacts on the postdoc experience among the greater Caltech/JPL community.
- Strength your creative and writing muscles. We will provide training and a flexible learning environment to help you grow. This is also a good opportunity to prepare your blogging/marketing experience for your resume/portfolio.
- Be part of a big family among the active CPA members, participate in as many campus events as you wish, and interact closely with other committees. We also encourage you to get involved in organizing our career, social, outreach, diversity, as well as our internal events.
- Priority in career and social development opportunities over non-members.
To apply, email Paresh Kumar Samantaray, CPA Communication Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org